Friday 5 October 2007

The Road to Petition...

Just got this in my Myspace inbox. Rather than being the usual friends request from a girl called 'Sindy' who has naked photos of herself outside her profile (just click here).

I got this... something worth reading and worth signing. Spread the word.

_____________________________________

Hey Gerrard! I saw you were a fan of Brad Bird. I am trying to get a 1987 cartoon he Wrote & Directed called FAMILY DOG, released on DVD though an awesome petition.

This cartoon stands as a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that combined Bird's ability for cinematic animation, concise storytelling, authentic detailed body movement & closely observed humour with Tim Burton's penchant for German Expressionism tinged with the Suburban Grotesque. Music was by Danny Elfman & Steve Bartek. With voices by Stan Freberg, Mercedes McCambridge & Annie Potts.

Universal currently "does not have any plans on releasing this title". Even though they've released Season 1 of "Amazing Stories" on DVD (the Family Dog episode appears on Season 2).

It takes a second & might just help get it released. Don't forget to spread the word to friends & family! Just copy & paste this e-mail to them. I need your help!!!


DVD Petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/familydogdvd?e


Write Universal (who own the Rights) personally: http://www.universalstudios.com/homepage/html/contact_us/con

tact_form.cgi?email_id=10


The Petition's 100% FREE. It may ask for a donation but that's completely optional. I'm not getting paid a penny for this (who would pay me to do this!!) & am doing it for my love of the cartoon.

I sent Universal a link when I got 250 signatures (& will do the same when I get 500, 1,000, 1,500, etc.)

Thanks so much for your time!


Cheers,

Griffin

p.s. If you'd like to watch it, you can on Youtube:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=family+dog+network

No comments: